Close this search box.

Where’s the damn SAP EPC when you need it?

Home Page Forums Where’s the damn SAP EPC when you need it?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #4762

    Can someone please remind me, when a dwelling undergoes a change of use and development to become retail premises with dwellings over, especially when Planning Permission is required and Building Control involved, shouldn’t someone have commissioned a SAP EPC?

    OK, so I know the answer to that one, but what is the best course of action when there isn’t one available (obviously Building Control didn’t do their thing). One 1950’s house has been converted to two flats over a retail unit. No EPC is on the register for any part of the property. I’m being asked to quote on the requirement for all three EPC’s however I’m thinking that they all should be On Construction (SAP) and as such a OCDEA & NDEA(L4) should do the job. Conversion was completed early 2016 I think.

    Am I overstating things again? What time should elapse before it may be appropriate to revert to ‘existing building’ rules (for RdSAP and SBEM to step in). I’m not sure if the property has been occupied (shop or flats) in the period between development and the present but I am aware that the aim is for a tenant to be found for the shop and for an investment sale of the whole property to then be sought.


Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.